The principle of Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge is ultrasonic pulse reflection. The pulse was reflected back to the probe when the ultrasonic pulse sent by the probe reaches the material interface through the tested object. We can get the thickness of the measured material based on the accurate time that the ultrasonic transits in the material. Time Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge series are non-destructive testing instrument integrated with modern scientific electronic and measuring technology. They are equipped with microcomputers that can analyze, handle and display the current data. Furthermore, they are integrated with highly optimized measuring circuit, which makes them have the advantage of high measurement accuracy, wide measurement range, being easy to operate, stable working and so on. TT500 is a high-grade product of the boutique series engineering that recently launched by TIME GROUP. It makes up the blank of the domestic high-grade ultrasonic thickness gauge market. It has the advantage of powerful measurement function, advanced data collection and output capacity, which makes it suitable for the testing of internally corrosive or rusty pipelines, boxes, pressure vessels, steel plates and some other metal structure. It can also test those good ultrasonic conductor materials, such as ceramics, plastic, glass and so on. Furthermore, it can easily and exactly finish the thickness testing of those workpieces with plating or coating on the surface.
- A scan thickness measuring, easy for users to identify the measuring errors by analyzing the waveform on screen.
- Function of echo-echo measurement is available. It is used for measuring the distance between echo to echo, and thus users will get to know the thickness of steel plate even though it is covered by coating, such as inspection of oil tanks.
- Min. and Max. mode function is supplied for users to find out the Min. (or Max.) value from a group of measuring results. it is very useful for inspecting the wall thickness of pipes and pressure vessels.
- D-value mode function. It comprises normal D-value mode and percentage D-values mode. It will enhance operator’s working efficiency greatly. Specially, users working with exact and changeless process requirements will benefit from TT500 immensely.
- Large memory up to 100 A-scan images and 10000 thickness values.
- Manual gain adjustment / auto gain selectable
- Up and low limits alarm is available
|Scanning mode||A scan|
|Gain range||20~70db step: 1db|
|Rectification||Positive half wave, negative wave, full wave, and RF|
|Testing mode||Standard mode: testing from primary pulse to the first echo|
|Testing between two echoes|
|Resolution||Standard: 0.01 low: 0.1|
|Memory||100 A scan graphs and 10000 thickness values in 100 groups|
|Communication||RS232 port to PC or printer|
|Printer||TP UP-NH-S thermal printer|
|Tolerance (steel)||1. when resolution is 0.01mm and thickness H < 10mm, the tolerance is ±0.05mm|
|2. when resolution is 0.01mm and thickness H ≥ 10mm, the tolerance is ±(0.5%H 0.01mm)|
|3. when resolution is 0. 1mm, the tolerance is ±(1%H 0. 1mm)|
Low limits for steel pipes
|Φ20mm×3.0mm display error is less than ±0.1mm
(resolution =0.01mm, 5MHz transducer)
|Φ20mm×3.0mm display error is less than ±0.2mm
(resolution =0. 1mm, 5MHz transducer)